Hello folks, welcome back to spikefitness, been struggling to lose weight, but no idea about what to eat and how much – what is calories and how much energy your body needs ? We are right here to solve all your problems.
What Is A Calorie :
So basically , our body needs energy to function and we get that energy from food in the form of calories.
What Is Calorie Deficit :
Now deficit? Eating a few less calories than your body actually needs is called as a deficit.
For example: your body needs 2000 calories, so eating 1800 calories would put you in a deficit of 200 calories.
Why Is Calorie Deficit Important For Your Weight Loss?
Calorie deficit plays a crucial role in our fitness journey due to the deficit generated our body starts to utilise stored energy in the metabolic processes and hence promotes weight loss.
1 kilogram of body fat compromises of 7700 calories, so whatever diet pattern you follow , or how much healthy food you are consuming , you have to make sure that all of it doesn’t exceed your deficit and that you are having a calorie deficit, only then you will be able to lose weight or achieve your fitness goals .
How To Calculate The Calorie Deficit :
There are very basic steps to be followed to calculate your deficit,
Calculate Your Tdee :
1. TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure) :
This is the amount of calories that is required by your body to perform everyday activities.
2. So With That You Must Be Having A Question Which Is :How do you calculate the tdee or how do you know how much energy your body needs?
We have ,
REE (Resting Energy Expenditure) – this determines the calories that our body needs when we are at rest i.e not performing an exercise as such .
NREE (Non Resting Energy Expenditure) - this determines the calories that our body needs when we are exercising .
TDEE = REE + NREE (this sums up for total amount of calories burnt or utilized by the body )
WOMEN – 10*WEIGHT(KG) + 6.25*HEIGHT(CM) – 5* AGE – 161
After calculating the TDEE , now on the basis of your activity level you have to multiply the following results according to this table :
Sitting most of the days with no exercise routine .
Workout <3 days a week
Workout for 5-6 days a week
Workout twice a day for 5- 6 days a week
So by multiplying your tdee with the activity ratio = Maintenance calories .
2. Set Your Weight loss Goals and Adjust The Calories :
Now that we have the maintenance calories , we can say it is 2000 calories .
Also we know that 1 kilo body fat = 7700 calories, so if we are targeting losing 0.5 kilos – 1 kilo per week .
500 calorie deficit per day = 500*7 = 3500 calories /week
700 calories deficit per day = 700*7 = 4900 calories / week.
Also we should keep in mind that weight loss is a balance of calorie deficit and total calories burnt .
Therefore one should add exercises to inculcate top results .
Focus on the macronutrients by managing the right amount of carbohydartes, protein and fats .
3. Adjust Your Net Calories :
You must have heard this quite a lot that it is 90%of the diet and 10%of exercise but we would say it is 50% of diet and 50% of workout and exercising that would help you achieve you fitness and heath goals .
Food calories – Exercise calories = Net calories
Though it is quite difficult to track your overall exercise calories but there are various devices available in the market that helps us calculate our heart rate and metabolic rate .
Points To Keep In Mind :
1. Be realisitic about your fitness goals – don’t be extremely hard on yourself and keep your goals and diet sustainable to be followed so that you can stick by to your plan for a longer span of time in order to prevent rebounding of weight .
2. Don’t go extremely low with the calories- you don’t need to starve yourself in order to lose weight . have patience and keep it sustainable , consistency is the key to achieve fitness and overall health goals .
3. Add cardio and strength training – dieting only wont help you reach your fitness goals and lose weight. Therefore add strength training to train your muscles and cardio to ensure wellness of your cardiopulmonary health .
4. Stay consistent and keep yourself hydrated – drink lots of water .
Leave a comment
After using 3 to 4 days I'm writing this review.It's one of the best product for fitness lovers. Built quality is great, the rubber is of top quality and gets nicely stretched, it has a nice grip to hold. Its very much comfortable to use. Also it is very compact as it can be folded and can be kept anywhere without using much space. A worth buy product for good fitness.
Very good product for exercise.In this lockdown period I wanted an equipment to exercise at home and this is a great product for full body exercise and specially great for fat burning .It is made of great material which Is very soft and comfortable to use .The quality is very good and it is very easy to use which makes it a real value for money .I am fully satisfied with it .