Best Yoga Asanas And How to Do it ( Step by Step )
May 04, 20213 min read
In these tough times Of COVID-19, a lot of us are finding it difficult to be healthy and fit , be it physical health or mental health everyone is getting affected . Yoga has found to impact and brings together the mind and the body.
Yoga involves a mind – body connection, with a breathing pattern and breathing control that induces relaxation to the body and the mind and reduces stress from our mind .
Practicing Yoga will give you the benefits of both physical exercising and mental relaxation from stress .
Yoga has Many benefits such as reduces the anxiety , balances the overall body posture , provides flexibility , improves blood circulation and inflammation etc .
Here are some beginner friendly yoga asanas that will soothe your mind and body amidst the stressful situations.
All you need to get started is a yoga mat and all of these yoga poses can be practiced at home .
Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
This is the most common yoga asana and forms the basis of other asanas .
As per the name : you have to stand still as a mountain .
How To Do :
1. Begin by standing your feet slightly apart .
2. Place your hands on the side and firm the muscles of your thighs .
3. Strengthen the inner arches of your ankle , look upwards and breathe .
4. Hold the pose for a few seconds and release.
Vrikshasana (Tree Pose )
This helps you to establish balance and is effective from spine and legs .
How To Do :
1. Stand in the tadasana pose .
2. Now, slowly lift your right foot and place it on the upper part of your left thigh
3. Join your hands together and balance your body until you are steady
4. Hold this yoga asana for 8-10 breaths and then switch to the other leg
Balasana (Child Pose)
One of the easiest and most basic yoga asanas is the Balasana. As it is mostly a relaxing pose, it helps with relaxation of your back and stimulates the internal organs as well.
You can also perform this easy yoga asana if you feel tired or dizzy while practicing other yoga asanas.
1. Get on all fours and bring your knees and feet together
2. Place your buttocks back on your heels and stretch your arms forward
Place your forehead on the flooThere are several basic yoga poses that specifically work on stretching the back, spine and hamstrings. The Seated Forward Bend is one of the easiest yoga asanas that can help boost immunity as well.
This easy yoga pose is designed to work effectively on your spine and on your lower back muscles. It offers various health benefits as it stimulates the digestive system and helps regulate metabolism too. This is one of the most basic yoga asanas that you can practice on a regular basis.
How To Do:
1. Start by lying down on your stomach
2. Stretch your legs out and place your elbows to the side
3. Now, lift your chest up and place your body weight on the elbows
So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself a nice, durable rope, put on your training shoes and get on with the hustle. One more benefit of skipping is that you won’t have to look out for the weather as it can be done both outdoors as well as indoors, unlike jogging, running, etc. to reach your fitness goal and then ultimately flaunt that toned body, with strong bones, healthy lungs, and great stamina.